Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Worth a Thousand Words

It is going to be all about the pictures today. The Tylenol PM is kickin' in, so I will write more tomorrow. We had a good day today. She even let me carry her from the lobby to the room tonight! :) I'm not saying that she liked it, but she didn't cry or scream. Huge progress! Like I said, I will write more later. I have provided a caption for each picture. Our love to all!



Getting ready to go to sleep. The best time of the day today. Huge smiles and laughter!



Another pic before bedtime.

The main building at the Hangzhou Child Welfare Institute.


The children Maelin stayed with for a little while in the orphanage. All but three have been matched with families.



Another building at the Welfare Institute.



Maelin's first kiss. This little boy loved Maelin. He kept telling her "Welcome back" in Chinese.



The same little boy.


This is the building that Maelin stayed at during her time at the orphanage.

Concentrating on writing at dinner time.



Just hangin' out in the room.



This is where Maelin was abandoned.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sight. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Pitures and smiles say it all. Our love and prayers continue to be sent to you. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Love to see the smiles all around. SO glad to hear about the children being matched in the orphanage. Your family is in our prayers!
    JoEllen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you guys! (I finally figured out how to respond!) She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! We have been thinking about you and praying for you it seems constantly...wondering where you are now and what you are doing. Thanks for the updates...we will be waiting to here more. Give her hugs for us! We miss you and can't wait to meet your new angel! Blessings abound!!!!!! Love you guys!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, guys I am so excited!!! SHe is such a doll. Brad, I know you will win her heart. I can hardly wait to see her. I know it will take a while for her to digest this crazy family. I feel so blessed to have her. I love you guys so much. Rylan and Keelan are doing great. I have several Rylan stories I know you will love. Keelan loves crafts so her and I have had a blast.
    Well hurry home We love you
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayla and Brad, It is just wonderful. Maelin is so cute and her smile is beyong heart warming. You both have a beautiful, beautiful little girl. It sounds like her neatness will be a new feature in your household. Just kidding. I know in one of the pictures when she was looking at the computer and laughing she must have been looking at pictures of Rylan and Keelan. I need to know why size of clothing she is wearing and if she has expressed a favorite color. Brad, keep doing what you are doing, and she will warm up to you in no time, you are such a push over. HA! Can't wait to see you. When you get back home and get somewhat settled, let us know and we can meet you in Lubbock to see all of you. Take care and we love you all and are in our prayers for safety. James and Carol

    ReplyDelete